The conflict analysis should answer the following key questions:
- What are the root causes of tensions and potential triggers?
- Who are the main actors in the conflict? What are their motives, capacities and opportunities to inflict violence?
- Is conflict likely to re-emerge?
- Which geographical areas are and are not controlled by the State?
- What roles have security sector actors played in the conflict?
- Have security sector actors contributed to, or been among the root causes of, the conflict?
- What are the most prevalent conflict dynamics among local stakeholders?