Companies should clearly engage with communities to share:
- The company’s policies, protocols and plans on safety, security and human rights.
- Relevant findings of risk and/or impact assessments and how they relate to security arrangements.
- Composition of security provision.
- Changes to security arrangements.
- Applicable rules for public security forces and private security providers (e.g. codes of conduct and rules of engagement).
- Rights and responsibilities of security personnel.
- Rights and responsibilities of communities under international law, human rights law and other standards.
- Security concerns that have arisen in the past and how the company is dealing with them.
Mechanisms available to stakeholders for the resolution of security-related issues and complaints.